Lots of people who actual suffer from flu might have possibility to get ill for couple of days with cough and fever and gradually then become much better. If the symptoms of flu develop such as rapid chills or fever, breath shortness or cough, fatigue, sore throat, joint or muscle pains, then lots of things are available to consider making you better and prevent the spreading of flu.
Are you suffering from the fever?
The digital thermometers are available to determine temperature and this is available in different stores. If your body temperature is above 37 degree centigrade, than you are suffering from fever. You need doctor guidance.
Checking fever by touching neck or forehead is an unreliable method.
1. Take care of your fever
If a person is suffering from fever in flu then following measures should be considered:
- Clothing Dress must be lightweight and the temperature of room must be near 20°C (i.e., 68°F).
- Consume fluids, like water, different fruit juice, milk, as well as the herbal teas. Avoid the use of fruit drinks.
- Keep away from drinks by way of caffeine.
- Take essential fever or pain relievers like acetaminophen, acetylsalicylic acid or ibuprofen if your physician has not allowed you than avoid them.
2. Treat the symptoms of the flu
There are lots of safety measures to treat several symptoms of flu and prevent it:
- Take proper rest.
- Consume the medicines of cough, particularly if the cough is dry.
- Get an Epsom salt’s warm bath.
- Rinse your mouth with a warm water glass as well as suck sugarless firm lozenges or candy.
- Make use of spray, saline drops, as well as the decongestants.
- Muscle ache can be reduced by the use of warm water bottle.
- Consult your own pharmacist for the better medicines advice.
3. Take care of the others from getting the flu
The flu is a contagious disease at least for two weeks and it may spread, so it is very important to keep certain things in mind.
Below are the some mentioned points to prevent flu from spreading:
- Reduce you social contacts and if you are a student than avoid going your institute.
- Antiseptic soap must be used and then after washing, use hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze or Cough by the use of tissue. Avoid using hand for this purpose.
“Follow these tips and stay healthy. Have a happy healthy life!”