Nurturing and developing the children are the obligatory responsibilities of parents. Parenting the kids not only deals with the provisions of life-necessities but also transforming them into a complete healthy human being, physically and mentally as well. Kids that are physically active everyday sleep-well suffer less stress and have low tendencies of getting sick less frequently than the kids who are not active every day.
The best way to make children active and energetic is to find out healthy physical activities and inculcate them in their daily routine. It is just like opting healthy foods, children are more likely to be active when most of the members in family are active too.
Children require physical activities to develop confidence, coordination and physical and mental health. The mentioned characteristics establish the foundation for leading healthy lifestyle in future. It is time-tested observation that the children who are engaged in various sports and exercise inclined to stay active throughout their lives.
Activities that Promote Fitness in Kids
- The responsibility to keep the children healthy and fit ultimately falls on the parents. Parents must avoid the notion to express their anxiety or stress level in front of the kids and have the routine exercise plan for the entire family. Here are the fundamental fitness tips:
- Fun Oriented Activities: Set the priority among the selective exercises/activities as per child’s interest.
- Less Media Exposure: Parents must set the routine for their kids to watch TV, play video games or computer usage not more than two hours a day. When they are watching or clicking it is to be certain that they are moving around rather becoming couch potatoes.
- Schedule out Fun Activities: Motivating the kids for being active and the using the key term of “play” rather exercise is the core idea of active children. Have your child get together with friends and play games that involve more physical strength.
- Dig up fit as a family: Play some funny dance moves with the children. Put up a net and shoot hoops. Pay visits to zoo or garden regularly once in a week. Enjoy the activities where a lot of backyard or ground is covered on foot.
- Opt for fitness-oriented Incentives: For your child’s next birthday, consider giving him/ her a jump-rope, mini-trampoline, hula-hoop or something that promotes movement.
- Errands: Household tasks must be included in children’s activities with the consideration that these are for fun and activity not bound them to boredom. Sing a silly song with your child as you both wipe tables and counters. Older kids are helpful while washing the car as a water play.
- Skip the Mall: Accompany your children to the play ground. Sure, most malls have kids’ play areas. But, when the weather is pleasant, enjoy a local park or playground instead. Fresh air always does a body good; especially a little one.
- Role Model of Fitness: It’s far easier to motivate kids to be active, if you are practicing an active lifestyle. Whether you follow a structured fitness program or some morning stretches let them accompany you moving is likely to inspire them.
- Inspiring Biking or Evening Walks: This is easy to accomplish if you live near stores, libraries or other places you visit regularly. If you live in distant vicinity, establish a safe route to tour on bike or on foot with your child.
- Play an Active Part as a Fitness Advocate: It is observed that most of the parents are least aware of their children’s physical activities in school hours. Find out and learn more to be an effective advocate for the fitness and healthy lifestyle.
The key to getting children engaged in physical activities is to keep the activities fun.