There are countless magazines and articles telling us about super foods that can save us from disease and transform our lives. But it’s sometimes just too hard to keep up; stuck in a routine of vitamin bottles, brain boosters and weight loss remedies, it’s often hard to remember the basics of healthy eating and exercise. But if you want a quick and easy way of making what you consume, healthier and more beneficial to your body, you can turn to the power and convenience of herbal teas.
No more pill bottles and strange herbal powders. One fast way of making your diet smarter and healthier is to change what you drink. By simply replacing your usual juice, cordial or carbonated soft drink with herbal teas, you can give can a health boost without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Here are 5 herbal teas that can change your health:
- Green tea – green tea is becoming increasingly popular in the western world, as many celebs have used this as a diet aid. Green tea can help to increase your metabolic rate, which in turn, can help you burn more fat. But it also holds cancer fighting properties so long term drinkers can really see a benefit. It’s also great for the skin and preventing heart disease.
- Peppermint tea – peppermint is one of nature’s most wonderful herbs, with a gorgeous aroma that’s ever so refreshing. Peppermint tea is fantastic for gut health, keeping your digestive system in check whilst helping to stop bloating and stomach discomforts.
- Rooibos tea – this tea is high in vitamin C, so if you haven’t had your 5 a day this tea is a great addition to your diet. It also has antioxidant properties which can help you battle the signs of ageing as well as being able to ward off disease. Some people even drink this tea to help relieve minor skin problems such as eczema.
- Dandelion tea – dandelion is a gentle yet effective liver cleanser. If you want to improve your liver health, dandelion tea a great alternative to juice or water. It’s a fantastic tonic that helps with digestion and although a little bitter, it tastes great with a spoonful of sugar.
- Lemon balm tea – this is the perfect drink for the soul. Whilst other herbal teas offer antioxidants and disease fighting properties, this tea is something that can help with mental health. Lemon balm tea is said to be great for mood lifting, perfect for winter blues or mild depression. For children, it can even be used to promote a healthy night’s sleep by preventing nightmares and night terrors.
For more information about herbal teas, visit Indigo Herbs.